Saturday, July 30, 2011

Welcome to the dezignrogue blog!


This presents a platform to use your own voice, your insight, your ideas, your perspective on graphic design and begin to apply them to developing a dialogue with the rest of us about our shared interest. This will be an education for us all.

The last 18 years have presented me countless opportunities to refine the art of visual communication. Every day presents a new challenge and a unique way of effectively communicating through type and image. My roles as Creative Director/Creative Strategist have armed me with industry experience with which I have been able to adapt for use in the classroom. The last six years as Assistant Professor of Communication Design in Kutztown University of Pennsylvania’s Communication Design department has introduced an opportunity to teach, mentor and guide students to set higher graphic standards and achieve industry level design solutions.

I hope our dialogue will further evolve not only our perspective on design but also enrich our knowledge and skills along the way. I have a deep routed passion for advertising/graphic design. By passion, I mean I live and breathe design. It seems to make its way into every facet of my life! I am talking about it all of the time with clients and students. This blog will be a creative outlet of sorts for me to continue to push design in yet another unexplored direction.

At the onset of this new venture, I truly have no idea where the conversation will take us. I am certain my avant-garde perspective will rear its ugly head. I push you to interject and add your own perspective. The point is simple: talk about visual communication. So, all this being said, I leave you with one final statement: hold tight, it’s going to be one bumpy ride. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment